Thursday, January 5, 2012

PRS Studio


Look at this gorgeous PRS Studio from A Sharp Music Co.   This one has a beautiful quilted top.  I think PRS nailed it with this guitar - great sounds!
http://www.asharpmusicco.com/electrics/prs/studio/blackslate/blackslate.html

The 5 way switch and tappable bridge humbucker makes this very versitile.  Here's a nice clip of one in action:


I'm not sure what amp he's playing through, but the tone is really very nice.  I've tried the narrowfield pickups, and I always felt they sounding very close to lower output regular humbuckers, but in this clip, they are sweet!

N Stuff Music made this longer clip.  I wasn't really crazy about the tapped bridge sound.  I don't think the guy was either, it seemed like he rushed through it.


OK, here are the PRS Studio specs:

Mahogany body, maple top
Neck: Pattern thin mahogany, with a rosewood fingerboard
Medium large frets
V-12 finsh
5 way (think Strat) switch, with coil tap for the bridge 'bucker
PRS tremolo bridge
Pase III locking tuners (open back, really nice!)





No comments:

Post a Comment