Sunday, December 18, 2011

Martin's new D-28M Mamas and Papas.

I just saw this posted on Guitar International.

http://guitarinternational.com/2011/10/27/martin-guitars-unveils-the-d-28m-the-mamas-and-the-papas-custom-artist-edition/

Looks pretty sweet.  It has a Carpathian Spruce top, and madagascar Rosewood sides.  This is the same combo that I have on my Martin 000-42M Eric Clapton.  My small bodied 000 size guitar is LOUD, so I can only assume that a dread with this wood combo must be a cannon!

The only thing I don't really like is the silhuoettes of the Mamas & Papas on the headstock.  I think I'd find myself constantly slipping into a chorus of California Dreamin' everytime I'd pick up the guitar!  I would love to hear how it sounds, though.  I find the Carpathian Spruce tightens up the bass a bit as opposed to Sitka. I like that.
I'm going to visit a few of my local guitar dealers to see if they have any I can try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment